1. we remove all old caulk from around the perimeter of the bathtub.
2. we remove all build up of soap scum, body oils, shampoo, conditioner, dirt, rust and mineral deposits from the bathtub with our proprietary cleaning and restoration process.
3.we scrub the bathtub with a highly effective and plumbing safe mild acid cleaner. this insures the removal of ALL bacteria from the pores of the porcelain.
4. we thoroughly dry the bathtub and perimeter gap with powerfully heated turbine air. without this equipment and critical DRYING step, there would be moisture left behind at a molecular level which would cause the coating and perimeter seal to fail.
5. we apply crosslink bonding agent and fill all chips, scratches and anomalies with a marine grade filler.
6. We set up a state of the art ventilation system that removes all fumes and overspray from inside the house.
7.we mask off the entire work area to insure there is no chance of getting overspray on anything other than our work piece.
8. we spray 3 base coats of super durable aerospace epoxy primer ( with 3 different silanes blended into the catalyst when its in resin form for increased adhesion properties) this fills any micro scratches which is necessary for a very smooth substrate for our 3 top coats.
9.we spray 3 top coats of a premium synthetic porcelain glaze through a 5 stage hvlp turbine heated system. this produces a beautiful ultra shiny glass like finish that will last for many years to come.
10. we remove masking and ventilation equipment then re caulk the perimeter of the bathtub with phenoseal. (a premium vinyl waterproof sealant that will last longer and not mold or mildew like silicone.)
Bathtub Refinishing In Kansas City / All America Fine Finishes / KS & MO
the bottom line is that we are the best bathtub refinishers in kansas city with the best warranty. we are a two man team that concentrate on only doing what we do best and that is bathtub refurbishing and bathtub refinishing. instead of trying to do multiple things to earn a living we do 2 things only and we do them very well. why settle for less than the best? we may not be the cheapest and you may have to wait 2 weeks or more but its better than paying someone to spray something on your bathtub that is going to peel off in no time and then have to call us to strip the inferior product back off and refinish it again the right way. do yourself and your family a favor and call us now for a quick quote and we will get you on the schedule.